zupny dom

Shire Hall

Now a home to the East Slovak Gallery.

One of the typical features of Košice palaces is the placement of a coat-of-arms on their main facing. The coat-of-arms of the former Abov-Turniansky territorial unit from 1558 adorns the Župný Dom building, which served from 1779 as a centre of the unit. Now a home to the East Slovak Gallery houses, in addition to premises for art expositions, an exquisite meeting room and the smallest public cinema in Košice.